Digital. Season 2, Episode 33. The Top 10 Travel News Stories of the Week: Day In, Day Out
- Tripadvisor is about to launch its subscription-based business intelligence, called Spotlight, in partnership with OTA Insight. Spotlight will enable hotels to compare rates against those of competitors.
- Mirai published “Getting the most out of Google Hotel Ads: The Top 15 Check-List”, with “15 best practices that hotels should demand their Google Hotel Ads integration partner to provide.” The guide is accessible, for free, here.
- After laying off about 12% of its workforce, Expedia announced there will be another round of cuts, even though the number of layoffs is unknown.
- According to Expedia’s CEO, Peter Kern, “The day there’s a vaccine announced […] will be our highest booking day in history.”
- Google launched version 4 of Google Analytics. The new version helps companies that have an app, a SaaS business model, and an interest in advanced remarketing.
- Sabre and Google, after signing a 10-year partnership in January, are now developing an AI platform, called Sabre Travel AI, to drive personalization in travel.
- WIHP published an interesting guide on the rise of GHA in the metasearch space. The guide is downloadable (for free) on Skift, here.
- On Wednesday, President Emmanuel Macron announced a new lockdown for France, nearly as strict as the one of March: people can leave their homes only for school, buying essential goods, and (unless it’s otherwise impossible) work. However, no limitation for traveling to France has been lifted.
- What’s the future of hotel technology? I published an article on the impact of COVID-19 in innovation, accessible here.
- CitizenM launched corporate subscription, “a clever alternative for all companies with travelling employees.” The subscription includes:
● Daily workspace in any citizenM hotel living room during subscription period
● 3 nights per month — with no blackout dates — at all citizenM hotels worldwide
● 3 hours of meeting room use per month at any citizenM hotel with societyM
● Add more nights or meeting room hours at 15% discount
● One welcome drink included with every overnight stay
● Breakfast included with every overnight stay
● Superfast Wi-Fi included